I love simple meals, but what’s even better to me are simple meals that can be made in a crockpot. Not only is this a super simple meal with just 5 ingredients, but it can be made in a slow cooker. To me, that’s a major win.
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan ingredients:
- 4 -6 chicken breasts with or without the bones, and the skin removed
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag, remove air, and freeze.
If you choose not to freeze the ingredients beforehand:
Place chicken breast across the bottom of the crockpot.
Mix together the tomatoes and grapeseed oil and pour over the chicken.
Top with bread crumbs.
Cook on low for 5 hours.
If you did freeze the ingredients ahead of time just thaw it out and cook in a crockpot for 5 hours.
*DO NOT OVERCOOK*
Just before serving, add shredded Mozzarella to chicken in crockpot and melt slightly.
Top with 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on it as well.
Serve with noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. (We prefer simple spaghetti noodles, like how they would serve it at an Italian restaurant.)
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan
- Side salad like a simple garden salad or a Cesar salad
- Garlic bread (we prefer Texas Toast)
- Brussels Sprouts bake – a delicious vegetable side dish
- Red wine
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Fancy Pants Chicken Casserole
- Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Cranberry Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad like the Cheesecake Factory
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Wine Chicken Casserole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Curry