If you enjoy corn and looking for a new way to serve it you are going to love this Irish cream corn recipe. Irish cream corn is a great side dish that compliments almost any meal.
This isn’t necessarily “Irish” but I was in Dublin and was surprised when it was served with red bell pepper, onions and parsley. That was way fancier to me then the way it was served growing up in Texas.
Irish Cream Corn Recipe
- 2 Bags frozen corn (16oz Bags, thawed)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Onion (small diced)
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (Jarred is fine)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (equal parts water for a slurry)
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan sweat onion in butter over medium heat.
- Add corn and red bell pepper and sauté for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream gradually, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the cornstarch slurry, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper to taste; add parsley.