By now it may have become apparent that I am totally obsessed with my crockpot. I work a lot and making dinner often times just doesn’t cross my mind. So, maybe that’s why I am always on the lookout for crockpot recipes. I got this recipe from Wildtree originally, but have tweaked it a bit to suit my own tastes. I like my meals to have a lot of flavor, so here’s my version/recipe of Mediterranean Chicken.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (You can use breasts instead, but adjust cooking time to 4-5 hours on low.)
- 2 (14 oz) can diced basil, garlic, oregano tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, not rinsed
- 1 (2 ½ oz) can sliced, pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Soup Base
- 2 Tablespoons Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Sauce Blend
Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag, remove air and freeze.
To prepare: Defrost freezer bag in the fridge. Place contents of bag into a crockpot along with the water.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 ½-4 hours. Serve with hot cooked linguine and a sprinkling of feta cheese on each portion.
To have available to complete this meal:
- Linguine pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Fancy Pants Chicken Casserole
- Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Cranberry Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad like the Cheesecake Factory
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
- White Chicken Chili
- Baked Wine Chicken Casserole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Curry
More Crock Pot Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan