OCEANIA’S SIGNATURE AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE
To celebrate the launch of their new around the world cruises Oceania is sharing their signature avocado toast recipe from the Aquamar Kitchen.
Toast and Shrimp
- 5 slices rustic seed bread, about 5 inches long and ½ inch thick
- 15 pieces raw shrimp, peeled and with tail on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Italian-blend canola oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 2.5 cups Hass avocados, ripe, lightly mashed with a fork
- 2 limes for fresh lime juice
- Fleur de Sel, to taste
- 2 limes, cut into 3 slices each
- Mash the avocado with the lime juice and fleur de sel, keeping the avocado pieces chunky.
- Toast the bread on both sides. Top each slice with 4 ¼ tablespoons of avocado mix; do not flatten.
- Pan-fry the shrimp in olive oil and season with salt. Add the taco seasoning and cook until done.
- Place 3 pieces of shrimp on each piece of toast, adding a bit of the oil from the shrimp.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
- Serve toast with the shrimp warm.
Makes 5 servings.