Spiced rum cake is popular throughout the Caribbean and is often brought home as a souvenir. What might surprise you is how easy this is to make at home. You do not necessarily have to make it as a bundt cake, you could do it as a sheet cake if you prefer. Regardless of the shape you decide on we hope you love this recipe for Spiced Rum Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze.
Spiced Rum Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze
Makes 1 – 9 in Bundt cake
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 35-40 minutes
2 1⁄4 C Cake Flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
2⁄3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 1⁄4 C sugar
3 large eggs
2 tbsp fresh orange zest, about 2 oranges
1⁄4 c whole milk
1⁄4 C Bacardi Black Spiced Rum
Rum Glaze ingredients
1⁄3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
2 1⁄4 C powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp Bacardi Black Spiced Rum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with pam baking spray.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the rum, milk, and orange zest.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the cake flour, and baking powder.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes on the counter before removing and placing over a wire rack.
- Make sure to place an extra tray underneath to catch extra glaze that drips off the cake.
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat the melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and rum until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually pour over the cake and allow the glaze to drip onto the tray.
- Once the glaze has hardened slightly, enjoy!